Thursday, November 12, 2015

Hoppy Halloween Competition Results



I entered my Session American Pale Ale in the Hoppy Halloween Competition in Fargo, ND over Halloween weekend. I did not win, as the pale ale catagory (10A) was a tough one. Due to so many entries, there was only a 3% chance of winning. I did however receive MY BEST COMPETITION SCORE TO DATE32!!! 

Two judges tasted my brew and had similar, yet often conflicting, experiences. Example, one said it was astringent, the other said it wasn't; one liked the bitterness, one didn't. Both said more of a malt presence would help to balance out the beer better. I've posted a link to their scoresheets below. I followed the kit to the letter, how could I have added more of a malt presence? Let me know in the comments.

Judge #1

Judge #2


Pic from first tasting night. Wrong glassware for the
style, but it's all my father-in-law had at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment